Wednesday, January 15, 2014

chicken parm burgers vegan style

This is another super easy, quick in a jiffy recipe. I had some vegan spicy fake chicken patties that I first heated up in the microwave for a minute. Then I applied a layer of marinara sauce and daiya provolone on top of them, placed them in the oven along with a bun, at 400 for 5 minutes. Meanwhile I mixed some arugula with olive oil and balsamic vinagrette, and pureed some vegan pesto together in the food processor. For the pesto just blenderize 2 cups fresh basil leaves, 2 TBsp garlic, 1/2 cup pine nuts, 4 TBsp lemon juice, 1/4 cup olive oil, 3 TBsp nutritional yeast, and a dash of salt and pepper. I applied the pesto to the bottom bun, and then topped the burger on the bun with the arugula. Super tasty and takes 15 minutes or less to make!

No comments: