Thursday, January 16, 2014

Vegan Drunken Noodles!!!

Loved this recipe! TJ's carries fresh vegan rice noodles- I used two packages for the recipe. I brought a large pot of water to a boil and added the rice noodles until cooked. In the meantime I mixed together 1/3 cup soy sauce with 2 TBsp brown sugar. In a large skillet I fried some diced extra firm tofu in a little peanut oil. Once starting to brown, I added 1 small chopped red onion to the skillet. Lastly I added all the ingredients together: 3 garlic cloves, 2 cups broccoli florets, 1 cup basil leaves, the cooked noodles, and the sauce I made up earlier. Once cooked through I removed this to a bowl, added 2 cups fresh bean sprouts, and topped with a crunchy Asian snack (TJ's had a vegan sesame stick topping that I used here).

No comments: