Thursday, January 16, 2014

open face fajita style quesadilla

This quesadilla was super easy. I used one package of trader joe's fake steak- placing the package in a large ziplock bag I also added 4 TBsp lime juice, 1 TBsp canola oil, 1 TBsp cumin, and 2 tsp chili powder to the bag, mixing it all up. This was then left out to marinade for 30 minutes. Once marinaded, I fried this up in a little canola oil in a skillet. Then I sliced up one green bell pepper and 1 red bell pepper, and added them to the skillet and fried them up a little. Then I used an open face tortilla and topped with daiya mozzarella and pepperjack as well as the ingredients. Super simple and tasty.
And the really fun part about this dish was the super simple tasty side sauce: mix together one cup vegan sour cream, 2 TBsp lemon juice, 1 TBsp agave, 2 tsp paprika, and 1 tsp cumin.

No comments: