Monday, October 18, 2010

vegan ziti with broccoli and soy sausage!

This one was also super tasty...and made leftovers for a week!

Ingredients:
1 box ziti
1 block vegan mozzarella- shredded (I again used my favorite "Follow your heart" brand)
1 bag of microwaveable frozen broccoli
1 tube of Lightlife's Lean Vegan Soy Saugsage
1 jar spaghetti sauce

DIRECTIONS:
Boil the ziti as directed on the package.
While ziti is cooking, heat the broccoli as directed in the microwave.
Meld the soy sausage in to 1 inch balls and fry in olive oil.
Combine the ziti, soy sausage, and broccoli in a lasagna dish once cooked. Mix in the sauce, stir all the ingredients well.
Top with the shredded mozzarella.
Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.



Interestingly, I know the picture doesn't look like the fake cheese melted, but when I mixed it all up in the tuperware containers with the leftovers, every time I microwave it the cheese actually seems to melt!

No comments: