Tuesday, October 5, 2010

my crazy cat

My cat is insane lately...I think the apartment is too small for her. She loves to run full speed from one end to the other. There are two particularly funny parts to this:
1. When she starts her run in the kitchen on the linoleum she can't get her footing right away and it becomes like a cartoon where you hear her feet scrambling but when you look at her she is running in place for the first few steps.
2. I remember learning in school that cat's have very poor vision when they are trying to focus on things right in front of them (a trade off for having good night vision). Well, this is definitely the case when Lily runs full speed through the apartment. The first time Mark and I saw it we were siting on the couch with a movie having a glass of wine when Lily tore out of the kitchen but her run came to an abrupt head bashing crash when she ran head first in to the legs of the coffee table and almost knocked Mark's wine over...too funny. Especially when after these incidents she acts like nothing happened. I guess the other night before i was home she ran in to the back of the couch. I shouldn't be laughing, but it is quite hilarious.

No comments: