Friday, April 5, 2013

Gnocchi with wilted spinach, pine nuts, and vegan ham

This is another dish I veganized as I have had a bag of gnocchi in the freezer a while now as well as pine nuts in the pantry and I wanted to use them. First I wilted fresh spinach in a wok with a little olive oil, then I added the pine nuts until browned. Meanwhile I just cooked the gnocchi as directed while doing this. In the blender I made a sauce while doing this. I basically blenderized 1/3 cup cashews, 1 TBsp garlic, 3 TBsp yeast, 1 cup almond milk, 1 TBsp lemon juice, 1 TBsp soy sauce, 2 TBsp dijon mustard, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp paprika. I then added cut up vegan deli ham to the wok until it was browned a bit, and then added the gnocchi and the sauce, and heated for a couple minutes. It was quite a good dish.

No comments: