Monday, April 29, 2013

heavenly vegan stuffed french toast

I made Mark and I some vegan french toast this past weekend and OMG it was phenomenal. I bought some vegan nutella. First you whisk together 4 TBsp cornstarch (which I surprisingly did not have in the house so used sweet potato starch instead), 1 cup soy milk, 4 tsp vanilla, and 2 TBsp sugar. Then in a skillet heat some vegan margarine (I used earth balance). Take two slices of bread, spread the nutella mixture on the inside of each and stick together to form a sandwich. Then stick one side in batter and place the bread in the skillet batter side down. After about 2 minutes of frying, pour more batter on the top of the sandwich and flip over, frying another two minutes. Then top with a mixture of confectionary sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. I served with vegan whipped cream. This is one of those recipes that you could tell was not good for you, but it was SO GOOD.

No comments: