Monday, April 29, 2013

spasagna

I recently ordered a bunch of new vegan products online, one being vegan riccota cheese. So I googled some recipes for riccota pasta and found spasagna, which was super easy to veganize. First I made spaghetti noodles as directed. In a large bowl I mixed together 1 container of riccota, 1 container tofutti sour cream, 1 cup vegan creamer, 1 bag vegan mozzarella (I used daiya), 1 TBsp garlic, 1 TBsp oregano, and 1 tsp basil. Once this was mixed and the noodles cooked, I added the noodles to this creamy mixture and then placed in a large baking dish. Topped with vegan parmesan I baked it for 30 minutes at 350. While that was cooking I made the sauce, which was just a jar of spaghetti sauce mixed with some vegan beef crumbles and peas. Once the spaghetti dish was baked, you place some of the noodles on a plate and top with the sauce. It was a little too creamy and sweet, but overall good.

No comments: